Friday, November 27, 2009

Is reading for everyone?

Hello everyone!!! I’m thrilled, I’ve just finished school! Yay! No more boring classes or stupid homework, I’m free for 3 months! =)

I have realized I can’t really post as much as I’d like, because my head doesn’t let me, and my time doesn’t either. So I proposed myself to write, if not twice a week, once, which I believe is the most I can do. I hope you’re not too disappointed, though.

Well, for today’s post:

A few days ago I went with some friends to a bookstore near my school. They don’t like reading that much, while I am a total book dork, as Roni would say. I was showimg them “Endless world” by Ken Follet (you know, that bestseller with more than 1400 pages) and they, opening their eyes wide, bewildered, asked me if I would really read that. I answered ‘Yeah, wouldn’t you?’. So that started me thinking. I don’t sincerely believe everyone likes reading, for there are plenty of people, in particular young people, who can’t even stand the thought of it, and that is due to the variety of people, the diversity of opinions and likes, and the difference from one another (which, I believe, makes the world a better place). But I wonder, nevertheless: how can they live without reading? I know I couldn’t.

That made me think about a world without books (sure, hell for me). How would that be? I can’t even imagine… I know that kind of world would be totally uninteresting for me –even though there are other things I like besides reading- but I realize it is one of the things I enjoy doing the most, and I sure couldn’t live without it.

So what do you think? How would a world without books be? And, better still, what would it mean to you? How would you manage to survive? Come on, comment, tell me your opinion.

34 comments:

Gavin said...

If I lived in a world with no books, I'd buck the system and write my own. (:

Smileyfreak said...

When I was younger and had just started learning to read I wasn't that keen but now,I couldn't live without books,I don't know how I could function lol :) I'm glad to know there are other 'book nerds' out there

Julie Dao said...

Yay for your long vacation! I cannot imagine a word without books - what a scary thought! I love reading with a passion - it's the power to lose yourself in a completely different world for a few hours, to forget the bad things that are going on, and to just let yourself relax and imagine. I'm glad to find other passionate bibliophiles out there :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I hopped over from Julie's blog. I don't even want to consider a world without books - the horror! ;-)

惠蘋 said...

成人色圖片免費成人影騙免費成人電影觀看曼雪兒情色文學成人小說杜雷斯成人貼圖區一葉情成人影片區一葉情成人論壇一葉情貼貼片區一葉情貼圖片區,一葉情圖片區一葉情語音一葉情語音聊天一葉情語音聊天網一葉成人網一業晴成人一業情貼圖ㄧ葉晴貼片ㄧ葉晴貼片區ㄧ葉晴貼圖區一本道影片一本道線上觀看一夜情天室一夜情無碼影片一夜情貼圖區一夜晴貼片一夜晴貼圖片區一夜晴貼圖區一情夜一貼片一葉情論壇蜜雪兒免費小說 色ˋ情小說 玩美女人嘟嘟成人

王志竹 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical. ........................................

EloisT said...

Each to his own. 人各有志,加油! ....................................................

俊翔俊翔 said...

非常感謝~3Q~....................................................

KimberelyM14165 said...

喜樂的心是健康良藥,憂傷的靈使骨枯乾。........................................

呈均 said...

初次造訪~安安^^........................................

韋于倫成 said...

hi!~~leave you a message to say hello, and thanks for your share!........................................

家谷 said...

令人心動的好文章~~.........................

萱祥 said...

健康的身體是事業成功的基礎。 ............................................................

tgibson said...

成功招引朋友,挫敗可考驗朋友..................................................

峻龍 said...

快樂是你與生俱來的權力,它不應該取決於你完成什麼。 ......................................................................

馨裕 said...

看看文章轉換心情,也幫你加個油哦

王邦鈺 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

亦妮亦妮 said...

噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。.................................................................                           

建霖建霖 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

淑賴ul貞俊李trt賢 said...

走過路過~不能錯過~哈哈............................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

很好很強大!祝你天天文思泉湧!..................................................

吳婷婷 said...

人生就像一顆核桃,必須敲破它,才會顯出他的內容。......................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

友誼能增進快樂,減少痛苦............................................................

惠桂惠桂 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。............................................................

楊儀卉 said...

好多很有用資訊...感謝你的分享喔............................................................

陳璇竹陳璇竹 said...

脾氣與嘴巴不好,就算心地再好,也不算好人~~~..................................................

DaniloM_W志竹olff0615 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。............................................................

甄賴盈賴盈 said...

No pains, no gains.............................................................

劉林育雅嘉韋 said...

第一忠誠,第二勤奮,第三專心工作。..................................................

文王廷 said...

Pay somebody back in his own coin...................................................................

老陆 said...

在你一無所有的時候 是誰在陪伴你 他便是你最重要的人......................................................................

倪平 said...

這不過是滑一跤,並不是死掉而爬不起來了。..................................................

冠陳儒 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .